Sunday 29 July 2012

A Little Inspiration, and A Little Announcement

Pure class...
Hello everyone! I hope this weekend has been wonderful for you all! Did anyone in Toronto go to the Beaches Jazz Festival? I would have loved to have gone, but I've had to work all weekend unfortunately. Oh well - there's always next year!

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I won't be writing new posts for maybe a week or two. I have my exams this week that I'm studying for, and then after those are finished I'm going up to cottage country for a few days (which I'm extremely excited for!). I'll try to get one in next weekend before I leave, but just in case I don't get a chance to, I hope you have a great next couple weeks!

Now that I'm here, I'd might as well write a bit more.

So, after that very enlightened entry last week about getting fit, etc., I'm proud to report that I'm down seven pounds already! It usually comes off pretty quickly in the beginning, but then it gets slower as you progress, which is fine and totally normal. I'm so happy that I've made this change for myself. I'm just taking things one day at a time, one piece of food at a time. It's the easiest, and healthiest way to go about doing this! Let me know if you're on the track for a healthier lifestyle too - I'd love to hear how you're doing and how you're feeling about things!

On another subject, yesterday I had a wonderful voice lesson - I'm working on a new aria that I am SO EXCITED ABOUT. It's Depuis le Jour from Charpentier's Louise. Ugh, I love it so much. I feel such a swell of positive emotion whenever I sing it. My voice teacher also showed me this book he had just found, simply called "Opera People", with a wonderful picture of Domingo as Othello on the cover. And it's just that, that was so amazing about it - the pictures. It has biographical information on a whole slew of singers, conductors, etc., and the most incredibly beautiful, big pictures of them on the pages opposite of their bios. These are pictures that I don't think you would be able to find very easily outside this book. They just oozed elegance, class, and poise (like the one above of Jessye Norman - although this wasn't in the book). And my voice teacher was saying how opera today has lost a lot of that. It was amazing how inspiring these pictures were to look at. I hope that one day I'll be able to bring a level of class like that to the opera stage, like the greats before me.

I think I'll end on that note. May you also find inspiration in a piece of music, art, or whatever moves you...





Photo: Timothy Greenfield-Sanders - www.greenfield-sanders.com

1 comment:

  1. Whoo! Go Claire! If you ever want to work out with me, I'm always down :) And if you come across any awesome veggie recipes, let me know!

    ReplyDelete